Q. I am a member and am interested in coming to one of your meets, what do I do now?
Great! Visit our Meets & THS page, find the meet, click on the meet name in the venue column then follow the instructions about booking near the bottom of the page. If it doubt use the contact details under Enquiries and you can also send us a message with the Contacts Us page.
Q. I want to bring non-members to a meet, can I?
- If it is a meet where you can have day visitors (e.g.for a BBQ) then no problem with a day visit
- If it is a weekend meet or a 5-day meet then no overnight stay is allowed as these meets are for club members only
- If it is a THS then yes, they can stay in your unit after taking out temporary membership with the steward and paying the extra adult fee per night
Q. What are the meet rules?
The Club’s Green Papers [requires login] set out all the mandatory rules on many subjects. Green Paper 3.18 is the document that specifically applies to this topic.
Q. How do I join or leave the Gloucestershire D.A.?
The Club’s Green Papers [requires login] set out all the mandatory rules on many subjects. Green Paper 1.12 is the document that specifically applies to this topic. Version 6 states that “Every club member is automatically a member of their local DA, which is defined by their postcode … Members may opt into another DA.”
Q. Can I pay by cheque?
We do NOT accept cheques or cards when paying for a meet on site. Cheques are ONLY accepted when the DA requests that members pay in advance to book a meet.
Q. Who should I make cheques payable to for this DA?
Please make cheques out exactly to: Camping & Caravanning Club Ltd Glos DA
Q. What is your VAT number?
Please see the Club’s General Terms page. The VAT number is at the end of section 1 at the time of writing.
Website and Social Media
Q. Where can I find the rules governing behaviour on the D.A. website and social media channels?
As a D.A., we are bound by the rules of the Club as are all members personally. The rules governing permitted behaviour are not prescribed by the Club in a single document but it does offer two sources of rules and permits a degree of freedom in interpretation locally.
- The Club’s Green Papers [requires login] set out all the mandatory rules on many subjects. Green Paper 5.2 is the document that specifically applies to this topic.
- The Club’s Facebook Community Rules govern the conduct expected on their Facebook Community Page. These are not mandated for use by other units at the time of writing but this D.A. recognises them as a source of Club rules that will apply to this D.A. as there is no reason not to recognise them for their direct relevance.
The Committee believes that the membership as a whole would benefit from a clear statement of the rules that it intends to enforce as the body responsible for it in the eyes of the Club. Any future members of the Committee will find themselves equally responsible for dealing with the consequences of the behaviour of any members (the members themselves remain responsible for their own behaviour) so this reality needs to be understood by everyone. To be fair to everyone concerned, the applicable rules for this D.A. along with the consequence of breaking those rules will be published before the members are held accountable under them. It is a sad reality that we need to do this as self-policing has proved insufficient. So, moving on, this will be put in place so that our website and social media channels are safe for everyone. The final details are being worked on.